Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2016

Ducks!

After the epic fail that was my DIY baby puffs, I was back on the prowl for a store bought puff.
I wanted something with minimal ingredients, no salt, or sugar. They had to be visually appealing, and easy to grab. I did tons of research and found nothing. I was beginning to get discouraged. My last resort was to just stalk up and down my grocery store aisles hoping something would just drop into my cart (magically) and all would be solved.
As luck would have it, something did solve all of my problems. I had turned over every baby puff in the baby aisle, with no luck. I had gone up and down the cereal aisle, and found nothing. I even checked out the snack and cracker aisle, negative.
My last stop was the organic aisle. I thought maybe there is an organic puff that fits the tall order I have - nada. They all had tons of ingredients in them!
But then, my eye caught on a brightly colored bag. I turned it around skeptically, because I didn't want to get my hopes up. I searched the back for the ingredient list, and there it was: two ingredients - organic apple, organic banana.
SUCCESS!


What are these magical puffs you ask? Little Duck Organics! I never stumbled upon them when I was researching, but here they were! I was so excited to get them home!

A little bit of panic struck as I was driving home and patting myself on the back. What if we have the same problem and he doesn't like them? All that time and effort could have been wasted! We would just have to wait and see...

Luckily they were a BIG hit! When I got home, I perused their website and found that they have tons of flavors, and tons of snacks - I was so pumped! They will definitely be in our pantry for a long time! 
Looking back, I don't even know what it was so important to find this puff. I guess I just wanted something fun, and easy, and a "babies first cheerio" moment for my little guy.
In the end I found something that fit perfectly into what I want to be feeding my little guy, and I hope its something that your family can enjoy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment