Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Teething Treat!

I don't know about your child, but my little guy's teeth are out to get him. The set doesn't come in at the same time! How rude! He will be all happy and go-lucky one minute, then manic and angry the next! All the while we are thinking, phew at least the teeth are coming in together - NOPE. So we are all put to the test for 2 weeks every time his pearly whites decide to make an appearance.

Our one source of comfort has been ice cubes shoved in the fresh food feeder. He loves it! He will keep it next to him while playing, and I can give it to him while I prep his meals so that his mouth is a little numb by the time his food hits the tray.

Recently, I saw an article on my Facebook about how cucumbers are a natural pain reliever, and are useful for our tiny tethers. I thought to myself "great, he loves cucumber!" and I stored this tidbit away.

On this one particular day, when his incoming teeth were getting the better of him, the lightbulb went off. What if I made cucumber ice cubes?! Ice to numb and cucumber to relieve the pain! As a good friend would say: "OH baby, I'm a genius!"

So I set out to make a teething treat! I hope this helps your little monster get over the teething blues!

Teething Treat

What you need:

Blender
Ice Cube Trays
(Space in your Freezer)

Cucumber
Any other fruits/veggies you want as add ins
Here is what I used:


- Half a cucumber (peeled)
- 2 Bell pepper tops
- Small handful of Spinach
- 4 Strawberries
- Handful of blueberries















Let's Bake (or blend):

- Peel and slice your cucumber
- Grab your blender
- Blend the spinach first
- Add in the cucumber and Bell Pepper
- Blend

- Taste what you have to determine if your fruit is enough to balance out your veggies
- Add in the Strawberries and Blueberries and blend
- Pour mixture into your ice cube trays*.
* I know that my ice cubes are too big to fit into my fresh food feeder, so I only filled my cubes up half way
The fruit made it prettier 

- Put your trays in the freezer and let sit for at least 2 hours.

Once they are frozen, remove them from the tray and store them in a freezer safe bag, and use them whenever your tiny teether could use a treat and some relief!























- Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment