Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Happy Happy Birthday

Our little kiddo had a birthday last month! We threw together an airplane themed party and everyone had a blast.
I decided to take on "the making of the birthday cake". Sheet cakes are great, but they are way too expensive, someone always cuts the pieces too big, and then no one eats it. Leaving me with a sheet cake that can feed 40, that is gone in a week, and I'm left feeling sorry for myself.
Well not this time. No sheet cake for us! I made a pull-apart-cake. They are all the rage, and who can refuse a cupcake??
I figured Pinterest would't let me down when it came to finding a cake template. Well it did. I was shocked. It did show me that the best way to make a pull-apart-cake is by practicing with pennies, and that was a lifesaver!
So while this isn't a recipe, and the cupcakes are most definitely of the boxed variety, I thought I would put my airplane pull-apart-cake template out there for the world to see.
Please keep in mind that I am not an artist, and while I am very proud of my cake, I hope that those of you out there are better cake decorators than I.

**side note. Did you know that red icing is REALLY hard to make? Like next to impossible. So I would recommend either buying pre-made red icing, or adding a little coco powder to your red/pink icing - that is what I did and I was pretty happy with the results! Pinterest for the win!

Enjoy!




Penny template
Finished Masterpiece!




No comments:

Post a Comment