Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Zucchini Bread Pancake

Breakfast is a great meal to sneak vegetables into. Our kiddo loves scrambled eggs, little does he know that they are packed with shredded zucchini or spinach. I wanted to spice up breakfast one weekend and I thought how can I sneak some veggies into a pancake? This is what I came up, I'm thinking of doing a carrot cake variety too!

What you need:

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 cup shredded zucchini
Unmelted butter for cooking

Skillet
Shredder

Let's bake:

- Start by mixing together your dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl mix together your wet ingredients
- Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients


- If your batter seems thick, make sure you added all the ingredients. My batter was really thick, and it was because I forgot to add the eggs
- Now shred your zucchini, I was aiming for a cup, but I was a little under, and add it to your batter 


- Butter your skillet and measure your batter onto the skillet


- You know they are ready to flip when they start to bubble


- Once they are cooled they are good to serve



Things to be aware of:
1. The cinnamon makes the pancakes have a "whole wheat" look, so if you have a picky eater, I would put less cinnamon into your pancakes. 
2. My kiddo doesn't seem to care that the pancakes have green flecks in them, but if you have a visual eater, I would recommend using a very fine shredder, and even peeling your zucchini prior to shredding to eliminate the green color showing. 

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment