Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2016

Blender Banana Bread (with Almond Flour)

So I had 3 super ripe bananas just begging to be made into banana bread... so says every other blog. What really happened is that I picked up my banana bunch, and they all fell off the stem and on to the floor. The ones that didn't explode upon impact, got put into a plastic bag so they could be frozen and made into banana ice cream.
Then I thought, maybe I can make a nice snack with these bananas. Thats when I thought of banana bread, so no it wasn't my first thought like all the other bloggers out there - clearly they are far superior to me.
I wanted to make the banana bread without flour, because I've been noticing that the kiddos snacks and meals have been grain heavy lately. But this recipe can easily be made with flour as well. Added bonus - I made this all in the blender! Easy to make and easy to clean up! Win. Win.

What you need:
Blender
Loaf Pan
Parchment Paper

1 1/2 cups almond (to make into almond meal)
2 Eggs
1/4 cup Olive Oil
3 Bananas
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt

Let's Bake:

- Preheat your oven to 350
- Grab your blender
- If you are making your own almond flour add in 1 and 1/2 cups of sliced almonds into the blender



- Blend or pulse until you reach a find powder.

- When you have reached your desired consistency of almonds flour, you can add in the rest of your ingredients - Eggs,  Olive Oil, Bananas, Cinnamon, Baking Powder, and Salt.

- Blend your ingredients until smooth and pour into your loaf pan that is lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 35 mins, or until a tooth pick comes out clean 
Just look at the golden brown deliciousness! 


- Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment