Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Date Paste

So I've been meaning to try this recipe out for a long time. I saw it a long time ago on Pinterest, and in true Pinterest fashion, I pinned it, and never looked back.

Then the other day I wanted to make the kiddo a granola bar. All the recipes called for honey. As we all know honey is a hard no until kiddos are at least one. You know botulism.

So it got me thinking, what can I use as a honey substitute? This wasn't an easy task. Honey is unique. It is sticky and creamy all at the same time. It can be melted down and it can be hardened. I knew that whatever I came up with, wouldn't hold a candle to honey, but I was going to try.

This seemed like the perfect time to try out date paste. I figured that the dates would simulate the sweetness of honey, but I wasn't sure about the stickiness.

Turns out that this date paste is delicious! I've used it in yogurt to sweeten it for the kiddo, and I even have plans to make a cinnamon roll! However, the granola bar is to die for and I will be posting that soon.

But first, the date paste!

Date Paste 

What you need:
16 Dates
2 Cups Water
Bowl
Food Processor
Tablespoon

Let's Bake:

So this recipe is great, because you can make it and forget about it. The recipe I worked off of said over night is best, but my life got a little busy, and well it sat for longer than that oops. I'm sure no one can relate.

- Pit your 16 dates and place them in a bowl

- Add 2 cups of water to you dates
- Cover and let sit

Are you back with me? I hope that you have found so free time to get to the second part of this recipe!

- Place JUST your dates into your food processor

- DON'T DISCARD THE WATER THEY WERE SITTING IN
- Using your tablespoon slowly add in water until you reach your desired consistency
With no added water 

-Mine was 8 TBSP
After adding 8 TBSP of water
Enjoy! Let me know all the ways you decide to use date paste!





No comments:

Post a Comment